NXP India launched the WOMEN IN TECH (WIT) program to welcome the women changemakers. In order to bridge the gender ratio in the semiconductor design industry, the primary focus of NXP India’s WIT program is to offer 1-year specialized training to 50 female students currently completing their B.Tech./ B.E., Computer Science/ Electronics 2nd semester and entering into 3rd semester from any college in India.
The 1-year program intends to provide female students the opportunities and exposure to make their mark in the semiconductor space. It will help them to develop relevant skills and empower the future with their prowess, knowledge, and creativity. WIT is a hybrid program encompassing theory, industry-relevant use cases and practical classes on Analog Design, SoC Architecture, Design Architecture, Verification & Validation, Verilog/System Verilog, RISC-V and DFT Basics. The WIT program will be in collaboration with FutureWiz, a reputed training institute for VLSI industry in India.
The online registrations for the academic year 2022-2023 have opened on the occasion of India’s 75 years of Independence and the deadline is September 15, 2022. (Registration link).
- Monetary reward worth INR 50,000
- Opportunity to build a network with silicon tech mentors
- Industry expert guided technical classes for enabling innovation
- Internship & job opportunities at NXP
- Equal focus on both practical sessions along with theory
- On successful completion of the course certificates will be given
- The program can be joined from the comfort of your home i.e. remotely
WIT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Applicants currently pursuing undergraduate engineering courses from universities/ colleges approved by AICTE/UGC
- The applicants need to complete the first year of their B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering /Electronics Engineering and other related engineering courses.
- The applicant needs to be a regular student at the college/university in India.