Angus Fitton appointed Chief Communications Officer at Bentley Motors

Bentley Motors has appointed Angus Fitton as Chief Communications Officer, succeeding Wayne Bruce, who transitions to Director of Visitor Experience and Heritage. Both will report to Chairman and CEO Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, with the changes effective from 16 March 2026.

Bentley Motors has announced the appointment of Angus Fitton as its new Chief Communications Officer. In this role, he will oversee global product and corporate communications, as well as internal communications, at the Crewe-based luxury carmaker.

Fitton succeeds Wayne Bruce, who transitions into a new position as Director of Visitor Experience and Heritage at Bentley. Both executives will report to Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Chairman and CEO of Bentley Motors.

Angus Fitton joins Bentley from Porsche Cars North America, where he served as Vice President of Public Relations for seven years, based in Atlanta. Prior to his U.S. tenure, he led communications at Porsche Cars Great Britain. His move to Crewe marks a return to the United Kingdom.

A long-time automotive enthusiast, Fitton has previously held communications roles at Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar and Volkswagen. He began his professional career in journalism before transitioning into public relations, following a similar path to his predecessor, Wayne Bruce.

During his time at Porsche, Angus contributed to several ambitious and exciting projects – including ‘Edith’, a special Porsche 911 that climbed a volcano to set a world altitude record, a project that was the idea of (and led by) Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser.    

Wayne Bruce, who Angus replaces, will be appointed Director of Visitor Experience and Heritage after more than six years in the communications role.  In this new position, Wayne will be responsible for growing the visitor and customer offering around the Crewe site, while continuing with lead responsibility for the Heritage Collection he first instigated, with more exciting developments being planned for the future.  He also remains as Head of the Bentley Foundation.        

Commenting on the appointments, Frank said: “Wayne has been an exceptional steward of Bentley’s global communications, shaping our voice through a period of significant transformation for the brand. I want to thank him for his leadership, creativity, and unwavering commitment to Bentley Motors.

“As we look to the future, I am delighted to welcome Angus Fitton as our new Chief Communications Officer. Angus brings deep industry experience, a modern strategic mindset, and a passion for storytelling that aligns perfectly with our ambitions. Under his leadership, I am confident that Bentley’s communications will continue to evolve, inspire, and reflect the pioneering spirit that defines our company.”    

“I am grateful to Frank and the board of Bentley Motors for this opportunity to join an incredible team at an exciting moment for the brand,” said Angus. “Wayne and his communications team have delivered extraordinary work and I look forward to getting started and building on the fantastic example he has set.”

Both appointments will be effective from Monday 16 March allowing Angus time to understand exactly how his classic 1968 Dodge Charger will find its way to Crewe. Meanwhile, Wayne’s collection of Audis continue to plough up and down the M6 motorway.